Is your stack of tops growing? Learn how to quilt them on your domestic sewing machine!
Follow our curated journey to learning the basics of machine quilting on your home sewing machine. From the first stitch to the last, our world-class instructors will be with you every step of the way.
Beginning Domestic Machine Quilting
Begin with Cindy Seitz-Krug for a great foundation in machine quilting. Cindy’s easy manner takes you from marking and basting to straight-line stitching and then on to continuous free motion quilting.
Watch an overview of Cindy’s class…
- Marking & Basting
- Straight Line Stitching with a Walking Foot
- Continuous Line Free Motion Quilting
- Turning, Placement & Stitching
- Large Quilts & Order of Quilting
Learn how to create elegant quilting designs with a few simple tools. Joanie Zeier Poole will help you fill your quilts with beautiful quilting.
Watch an overview of Joanie’s class…
- Introduction to the World of Quilting Designs
- Assembly of an Exercise Quilt Top
- Learning the Simple Paper Template Process
- Inspiration for Finding Quilting Designs
- Dividing and Filling Spaces
- Working with Fixed Size Designs
- Resizing and Arranging Perfectly Fitting Designs
- Transferring Designs to the Quilt Top
Team up with Michele Scott and machine quilt using all those eye-catching threads and decorative trims that bring a signature touch to your projects! Learn how to use the bobbin to quilt with decorative threads, adding more distinction to your quilts than you ever thought possible.
Learn more about Michele’s class…
- Quilt Examples
- Thread & Free Motion Quilting Basics
- Bobbin Adjustments
- Quilting Designs
- Quilting a Large Quilt
Next, expand your quilting library with beautiful fills. Build your confidence as Gina Perkes-Tidwell unlocks the world of grid-based quilting.
See what Gina will teach you…
- Marking the Grid
- Ruler Work on a Domestic Machine
- Ruler Work on a Longarm Machine
- Free Motion Designs
- Blocks, Sashings & Borders
- Grid-based Fillers
Take your quilting to the next level with a delightful variety of quilting motifs. Let Cindy Seitz-Krug show you how to machine quilt like never before!
Take a look at Cindy’s class…
- Preparing Your Stocking
- Fun Filler Stitches: Pebbles, Tear Drops, Swirls
- Fun Filler Stitches: Rainbows, String of Pearls, Hearts
- Fun Filler Stitches: Waves of Feathers & Seaweed
- Finishing and Binding
Use this handy worksheet to track your progress along the iquilt Learning Path: Beginning Domestic Machine Quilting. Click here to download.